The Joseph Gallagher Group has been family owned since 1982. Today, we are one of the UK's leading civil engineering and tunneling contractors, offering a wide range of construction and specialist services.
Joseph Gallagher have an award winning reputation and has had the privilege to be part of some of the most complex infrastructure projects taking place today.
As the Slinger/Signaller, you will work alongside the lifting teams to provide safe direction and supervision of the crane operators at the bottom of the shaft.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for attaching and detaching the loads from the lifting equipment
- Ensuring correct use of lifting accessories and equipment
- Directing safe movement of equipment and load using a radio or hand signals
- Follow the lifting plan set out and immediately relay any concerns to the Crane Supervisor
- Carry out checks on all relevant lifting equipment before the work begins
- Always follow Health and Safety procedures
- Blue CPCS A40 (Slinger) – All Types All Duties
- Tunnel Entry & Emergency Procedures (TEEPS) Training (Desirable)
- Tunnel Safety Training Scheme (TSTS) (Desirable)
- In-date Safety Critical Medical (Desirable)
- Tideway Induction (Desirable)
- Must have significant experience as Slinger/Signaller
- Must have experience working on a tunnelling project below surface
If interested please email your CV over to email@example.com