Location: Darwen Blackburn
Contract: Short term
Shift Pattern: 5 Days per week - Days/Nights
Shift rate: Competitive
The Joseph Gallagher Group has been family owned since 1982. Today, we are one of the UK's leading civil engineering and tunnelling contractors, offering a wide range of construction and specialist services.
Joseph Gallagher have an award winning reputation and has had the privilege to be part of some of the most complex infrastructure projects taking place today.
As the Slinger/Lift Supervisor, you will work alongside the lifting teams to provide safe direction and supervision of the crane operators at the bottom of the shaft.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for attaching and detaching the loads from the lifting equipment
- Ensuring correct use of lifting accessories and equipment
- Directing safe movement of equipment and load using a radio or hand signals
- Follow the lifting plan set out and immediately relay any concerns to the Crane Supervisor
- Carry out checks on all relevant lifting equipment before the work begins
- Always follow Health and Safety procedures
- Blue CPCS A40 (Slinger) – All Types All Duties
- Tunnel Entry & Emergency Procedures (TEEPS) Training (Desirable)
- Tunnel Safety Training Scheme (TSTS) (Desirable)
- In-date Safety Critical Medical (Desirable)
- Tideway Induction (Desirable)
- Must have significant experience as Slinger/Signaller
- Must have experience working on a tunnelling project below surface
Please note for this position you will be required to provide references. Should you have any questions about this role, please email email@example.com.
Joseph Gallagher Group are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.