Joseph Gallagher is the leading UK based Civil Engineering & Tunnelling sub-contractor, growing significantly in the last 37 years into an international business. We have an award-winning reputation, industry leading safety culture and have had the privilege to be a part of some of the most critical infrastructure projects taking place today.
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Manager to join a largescale project in Central London
The Shift Manager will responsible for overseeing the technical and engineering aspects of the tunnel construction ensuring the team deliver safely and efficiently to meet programme deliverables.
As the Shift Manager, you will be required to:
- Ensure continuous cover of works
- Act as the Site Incident Controller
- Ensure and enable safe and efficient execution of the works
- Attend the dayshift SRG including the RES meeting and nightshift SRG.
- Agree the RESS and deliver the RESS briefing.
- Implement the RESS and ensure compliance with the RESS.
- Ensure convergence monitoring is installed and monitored as per the RESS.
- Ensure the workforce are briefed and understand appropriate safety documentation.
- Ensure adequate supply of toolbox items, back-up shotcrete and back-up shotcrete plant is available on site and in working order before the start of any excavation.
- Ensure and enable start of shift briefings to the workforce. Produce and enable the implementation of the start of shift safety and task briefings and constantly monitor safety
- Be responsible for all activities on shift including the surface and underground construction supply chain.
- Ensure correct management of resources and underground logistics.
- Ensure correct management of all plant and equipment.
- Ensure all materials are delivered and available on-site.
- Liaise with the Shift SCL Engineer to deliver the above
- Liaise with the JGL Project Manager to deliver the above.
To be successful in this position the Shift Manager must have:
- Tunnel experience, SCL, waterproofing, handworks/squareworks or secondary lining experience
- BSc, MSc, or BEng level qualification in a Civil Engineering aligned subject or a relevant HNC/HND or equivalent
- Valid CSCS NVQ Level 6 or equivalent
- Major project experience £100m+
- Main contractor experience
Joseph Gallagher Group are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.