Contract type: Fixed term (long term works)
The Joseph Gallagher Group has been family owned since 1982. Today, we are one of the UK's leading civil engineering and tunnelling contractors, offering a wide range of construction and specialist services.
Joseph Gallagher have an award winning reputation and has had the privilege to be part of some of the most complex infrastructure projects taking place today. We are now looking to recruit SCL Pit Bosses, Lead Miners and Pump Operators to work on one of our exciting London projects.
SCL Pit Boss
The SCL Pit Boss will help to create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment, motivating the workforce and, ensuring efficiency and productivity in achieving the project targets.
As the SCL Pit Boss, you will be required to:
- Manage Gangers and Lead Miners
- Ensure that day to day lifting operations are controlled as defined by the Appointed Person (lifting).
- Be responsible for the control of workplace transport in their areas of work
- Ensure that personal protective equipment is provided and used as required by the site rules and procedures.
- Maintain written records and site diary’s
- Organise and manage the supply of materials in good time.
- To provide expert advice, support and guidance relating to all works during day to day activities.
To be successful, the Tunnelling Foreman/Pit Boss must have:
- CSCS Site supervisors Qualification
- SMSTS or SSSTS Qualification
- Experience working on key tunnelling projects, SCL specifically
- Have previous experience within a supervisor role managing Health and Safety on site
- Tunnelling qualifications e.g TSTS, TEEPS
The Lead Miner helps to create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment, motivating the workforce and, ensuring efficiency and productivity in achieving the project targets.
As the Lead Miner you will be responsible for:
- Manage Miners and general operatives under their control.
- Lead by personal example and consistently set high standards of health and safety performance and behavior.
- Ensure that plant and equipment is used by only those who have received adequate information, instruction and training.
To be successful the Lead Miner must have:
- Have undertaken CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS).
- Hold an experienced workers CSCS card ( Blue).
- Have demonstrable experience of leadership, building and motivating teams.
- Experience of effective problem solving on major tunnelling projects
- Ability to keep records.
- Have good working knowledge of English, both written and verbal, and be able to report at supervisor level.
- Extended experience and a general level of education may be sufficient
A Pump Operator helps with the transferring of materials in and out of vessels whilst troubleshooting issues with systems and processes.
As the Concrete Pump Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Control the operation and output of the pump
- Pouring slabs
- Maintaining a clean working environment
To be successful as the Concrete Pump Operator, you must have:
- Valid CPCS Pump Operator Card (A44)
- Experience working on Civil sites
- Strong experience within a similar role
- Tideway induction would be highly beneficial
Should you have any questions about any of these roles, please contact email@example.com.
Joseph Gallagher Group are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.