Joseph Gallagher Ltd is the leading UK based Civil Engineering & Tunnelling sub-contractor, growing significantly in the last 37 years into an international business. We have an award-winning reputation, industry leading safety culture and have had the privilege to be a part of some of the most critical infrastructure projects taking place today.
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join our Business Development Team.
The main purpose of the role is to secure future work for the business which meets the business KPI’s in terms of Safety, Wellbeing, Profit, Environment and Sustainability.
As the Tunnelling & Civil Engineering Estimator, you will be required to:
- Receive, Review and Share Relevant ITT documents with the bid team.
- Complete ITT submissions to include, but not limited to the following activities:
- The review of ITT documents, highlighting relevant tender information and related specifications required to ensure compliant bids, and share with the team
- Subcontractor and supplier quotes with support from the procurement team
- Material Take Off
- Tender Programme
- Tender Estimate
- Attend pre and post tender meetings with Clients
- Deliver Tender Presentations
- Complete the tender Risk Register & analysis
- Update the weekly tender tracker & allocation
- Deliver tender handovers in conjunction with the Contracts Director/Manager to the project team
- Carry out B2B introductions and presentations when required with clients and supplier
- Develop long term relationships with key clients and suppliers
- Source new clients and suppliers where required to meet the business needs and KPIs’
- Gather first-hand information from sites and ongoing projects
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, and production times etc. Attend monthly CVR’s on a quarterly basis for feedback on current projects
To be successful in this position the Estimator must have:
- A strong understanding of heavy civils, tunnelling and trenchless works
- Experience in the production of winning bids for £500k - £5m projects
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, Power Point
- Strong Written & Communication Skills
- Organisation skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Be a multi-tasker able to support multiple teams in various remote locations
- Be capable of working alone, on bids or as part of a larger team
- NEC 3 and NEC 4 contract understanding
- Experience in Bid Strategy and Risk Costing
- MS Project experience
- Auto-Cad Experience
- Degree Education, ideally working towards Chartership
- Site Experience in Tunnelling or Civil Engineering
Joseph Gallagher Group are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.