Joseph Gallagher is the leading UK based Civil Engineering & Tunnelling sub-contractor, growing significantly in the last 37 years into an international business. We have an award-winning reputation, industry leading safety culture and have had the privilege to be a part of some of the most critical infrastructure projects taking place today.
We are currently recruiting for Health, Safety, Environment, & Quality Advisor to join our team based in Wellingborough.
The role will provide support to Special Plant Associates, our tunnelling plant business, which provides plant and equipment to both JGL and the wider tunneling industry. In addition the role will provided support to the wider JGL business as a member of the group wide safety team. The role will require attendance at our Wellingborough base 3 days a week with travel to other sites around the UK on the other 2 days.
As the Health & Safety Advisor, you will be required to:
- Conduct detailed and thorough safety inspections, focusing on SHEQ compliance, company and client management systems and best practice.
- Manage day to day running of all HSEQ related activities on behalf of SPA, including writing and delivering tool box talks, updating procedures, undertaking risk assessments etc.
- Manage regular quality audits and providing interface for annual external audits
- Monitor training requirements and organise or deliver training as required
- Maintain and update compliance requirements with all external bodies, including RISQS, Constructionline & SourceDogg.
- Assist with the completion of customer PQQs
- Manage the disposal of all depot waste, including chemicals, ensuring compliance with environmental legislation and policy.
- Organise regular inspections and maintain inspection records for pressure equipment
- Undertake incident investigations
- Build engagement in proactive safety management with the workforce and project leaders
- Embed and champion the group's 'Living Incident Free Every day' (LIFE) behavioural safety program.
To be successful in this position the Health & Safety Advisor must have:
- Minimum of a NEBOSH Certification
- CSCS card
- Experience of working for a Civil Engineering contractor or subcontractor
- Working knowledge of quality audit standards
- Knowledge and experience in Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- Strong report writing skills
- Proven ability to foster strong, working relationships
- Able to manage time, ensuring deadlines are met
- Flexability to travel around the country to undertake site visits
- IEMA Environmental Qualification
- Fire Risk Certification
- CoSHH Certification
- Lifting experience i.e. Cranes
- Behavioural Safety training