Salary: £35,000.00 - £50,000.00
Contract type: Temp (with potential to go perm)
Joseph Gallagher is the leading UK based Civil Engineering & Tunnelling sub-contractor, growing significantly in the last 37 years into an international business. We have an award-winning reputation, industry leading safety culture and have had the privilege to be a part of some of the most critical infrastructure projects taking place today.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Engineer to join our team in Birmingham / Midlands immediately. Please note we're currently only accepting applications from those who have the right to work in the UK.
As the Site Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Setting out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring checks are carried out on a regular basis
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy
- Ensuring that quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with Client specification
- Providing engineering support to ensure any technical problems are overcome
- Conducting pre-start site surveys
- Ensuring a timely handover of works and quality records without outstanding defects, working closely with the Project Manager and installation teams
- Operating and promoting a high standard of Health, Safety and Environmental compliance
- Site calibration checks
- Assisting in resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
To be successful in this position, the Site Engineer must have:
- Have previously worked on Tunnelling Projects
- Have a proven track record of setting out on civil engineering projects
- Possess a sound knowledge of construction methods, Health & Safety and legal regulations
- A valid CSCS card
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with site-based team and Clients
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proven troubleshooting skills
The Joseph Gallagher Group are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. We want to make our recruitment processes accessible to everyone, so if there is any way that we can support you to enable you to be the best you can, please contact the HR team at HR@josephgallagher.co.uk.